Terms and Conditions
Pick-n-Pull Toolkit Rewards Loyalty Program
Terms and Conditions
The Pick-n-Pull Toolkit Rewards Loyalty Program (the "Program") is a promotional program offered by Pick-n-Pull Auto Dismantlers, a California general partnership (“Pick-n-Pull”), as a benefit to its customers. Your participation in the Program (even if you became a Program member before the effective date of these Terms and Conditions and even if you do not verify your Program membership online) is subject to the following terms and conditions of membership (the "Terms"), to which you agree by participating in the Program in any way.
General. This Program lets you - as a Program member - earn points toward Reward Certificates that are redeemable for your future purchases of qualifying products or services at participating Pick-n-Pull retail store locations. Any federal, state, provincial or other tax liabilities associated with the Program are the sole responsibility of the Program member. Certificates and Cards issued under the Program and Program points have no cash value and are redeemable only to the extent described in these Terms.
Eligibility. Program membership is available to U.S. and Canadian residents at least 16 years of age, except for individuals who are employees of Pick-n-Pull (or any of its affiliated companies, including Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.) or their immediate family members. Only one membership per individual. Pick-n-Pull reserves the right to revoke any person’s eligibility for membership at any time and for any reason.
Enrollment. Program enrollment is free, but eligible purchases and/or activities are required to earn and redeem Program points. A valid email is required to receive and redeem coupons or certificates. Program members must verify their account online at www.picknpulltoolkit.com to (i) access their account online, (ii) view earned points, (iii) verify a valid email address and a mobile phone number, (iv) change other personal information, and (v) opt in or opt out/unsubscribe from being sent email or text communications. Program members can also opt out/unsubscribe out of email or text communications directly from the links provided in Program-related email or text communications. In addition, when a new member creates and verifies a Program membership online, the member will receive:
A “free admission” coupon, which is good for one entry to a participating Pick-n-Pull location and will expire after 90 days as noted on the coupon.
You can verify your account and confirm your valid email through the verification link in your initial Welcome email or through your account at www.picknpulltoolkit.com
- Program Accounts. Points earned may be viewed when you log-in to your account page online at www.picknpulltoolkit.com. You agree not to share your account information (i.e., log-in or password) and agree to hold Pick-n-Pull harmless against any unauthorized use of your log-in, password or access to your account. Pick-n-Pull reserves the right to audit all Program accounts (and make any updates or corrections to all accounts) at any time and without notice.
- Earning Program Points and Deducting Points for Returns.
Program points are earned on the following transactions at participating Pick-n-Pull locations:
- Purchases of auto parts
- Thrift store purchases
- Paid admissions
- Any other special promotional offers under the Program Points are not earned on:
Points are not earned on:
Purchases paid by Reward Certificate
- Sales tax
- State fees
- Shipping and delivery charges
- Restocking fees
- Commercial or industrial purchases
- Builders (cars)
- Bulk buys or purchases
- “Core” charges
- Environmental fees
- Certain items that are excluded in particular promotions
- Prior purchases or purchases made without presentation of your Program card or confirmation of your membership at time of purchase.
If you encounter any issues during a purchase transaction, such that you do not receive Program credit for that purchase, you may – within 30 days of that purchase – email us a copy of the receipt (to firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will use our reasonable efforts to confirm that purchase and credit your Program account accordingly.
A corresponding number of Program points will be deducted from your Program account for the return of any product, service or admission for which Program points were previously added to a member’s Program account.
- Calculating Points. Points are calculated Monday through Friday, except on legal US and Canadian holidays, and will typically be posted to your account within 72 hours of the purchase. Points will be rounded to the nearest whole number of the dollar amount of qualifying purchases. For example, a $12.49 purchase will round down to 12 points while a $12.50 purchase will round up to 13 points.
- Reward Certificates. When you earn 350 Program points, you will be sent a $20 Pick- n-Pull Reward Certificate via the valid email address that you provided when you signed up for your Program membership (or when you confirmed online). Pick-n-Pull will not send you such Reward Certificate via any other means or method. Your $20 Reward Certificate is good toward qualified purchases at participating Pick-n-Pull locations and will expire after 90 days as noted on the Reward Certificate. Reward Certificates are issued in the currency of the program member’s residency (i.e., U.S. dollars for U.S. resident Program members, and Canadian dollars for Canadian resident Program members). Reward Certificates are non-transferrable and may be used only by the Program member to whom they were originally issued to by Pick-n-Pull.
- Redeeming Points.
- Participating Locations. Reward Certificates can be used for qualified purchases at participating Pick-n-Pull Auto retail store locations only. As of the date of these Terms, the San Antonio Pick-n-Pull and the San Antonio Roosevelt U Pull It location does not participate in the Program. Participating locations may change from time to time without notice.
- Redemption. To redeem a Reward Certificate in-store, you must present your Reward Certificate with your Toolkit Program Rewards card before your qualified purchase is complete. You may redeem a Reward Certificate in-store only and by no other means or method. Pick-n-Pull reserves the right to verify a Reward Certificate’s validity before redemption and may, in its reasonable discretion, deny its validity.
- Limitations. For any "dollars off" reward (for example, "$1 off"), the reward certificate may only be used on a qualified purchase that is of the equal or greater value, excluding tax. Unless otherwise required by law, no cash back will be paid on any reward.
- Expiration of Points. Rewards Certificates are automatically issued based on points earned and expire 90 days after the date that you reach the point level for the reward or as noted on the reward certificate, whichever is later. All points in any account that is inactive for 12 months will expire, and all points in an account terminated by Pick-n-Pull will immediately expire upon such termination. Points obtained through special promotional offers may have additional limitations, including limited time periods for you to use such points and/or accelerated expiration schedules. Pick-n-Pull is under no obligation to honor reward certificates past their stated expiration date.
- Lost Program Cards. If a card issued under the Program is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, the card may be replaced with the rewards balance remaining at the time the Program member has notified Pick-n-Pull that the card has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Pick-n-Pull reserves the right not to issue a replacement for any lost, stolen, damage or destroyed card and accepts no responsibility for the unauthorized use, or any other loss in value, of any such card.
- Marketing Communications. By enrolling in the Program, you consent and authorize Pick-n-Pull, its affiliated companies and any third parties involved in the administration or management of the Program to contact you via email and/or text message for any reason relating to the Program or to Pick-n-Pull’s or its affiliated companies’ business, including without limitation relating to offers, sales, the Program and any other marketing or commercial communications. You may opt out of receiving messages at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com, by changing your preference in your account at www.picknpulltoolkit.com program communications (e.g., emails and/or text messages). When you opt out or unsubscribe, you are authorizing Pick-n-Pull (or our agent) to send you an email or text message to confirm that you are unsubscribing or opting out. Standard text and messaging rates apply to all such communications.
- Program Administration. The Program is sponsored by Pick-n-Pull and is administered by a third-party contractor that is not affiliated with Pick-n-Pull.
- Amendments or Cancellation of the Program. Pick-n-Pull may change these Terms at any time without notice to you, including the number of points required to obtain any particular reward, by posting an updated version of the Terms on the website www.picknpulltoolkit.com. Any changes will be effective as of the date noted when the updated Terms are posted. It is each member’s responsibility to review the Terms from time to time to be aware of any such changes. Pick-n-Pull reserves the right to approve, deny or revoke membership or Program benefits (including points or Rewards Certificates) or the right to participate in the Program with respect to any person for any reason whatsoever, at Pick-n-Pull’s sole discretion, including for a member’s misuse of his or her Program benefits. Pick-n-Pull also reserves the right to cancel, change or discontinue the Program at any time without notice.
- Dispute Resolution. By enrolling in the Program or using or receiving any benefit from it, you and Pick-n-Pull both agree to resolve any claim or dispute that you or Pick-n-Pull may have against each other that relates in any way to the Program by binding arbitration rather than in court. As such, you and Pick-n-Pull expressly waive the right for any such claim or dispute to be heard by any judge or jury. The U.S. Federal Arbitration Act applies to the Program and these Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the amount in dispute arising out of or relating to the Program is less than the jurisdictional maximum of a small claims court applicable in the jurisdiction in which you live, you may bring an action in such small claims court, which shall be in lieu of arbitration, subject to such court’s rules.
You and Pick-n-Pull agree that any arbitration proceeding will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes and those rules regarding filing, administration and arbitrator fees. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Any arbitrator shall enforce these Terms, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law. Any such proceeding shall take place in Portland, Oregon, USA unless Pick-n-Pull agrees to another location or telephonic or internet-based arbitration proceedings.
To begin such a proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Pick-n-Pull’s corporate parent at the following address:
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Attn: Legal Dept.
299 SW Clay St., Suite 350
Portland, OR 97201 USA
You and Pick-n-Pull both agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that, notwithstanding these terms, you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights or to protect our reputation.
- Legal. Oregon law (exclusive of its conflicts of laws rules) governs these Terms and your participation in the Program. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Pick-n-Pull and its members regarding the Program and its benefits, and no other document, representation or publication is intended to be included or incorporated into these Terms. No person or entity is authorized to amend or alter these Terms, except if such amendment or alteration is expressly approved in writing by a duly-appointed officer of Pick-n-Pull or its ultimate corporate parent. All headings used in these Terms are for reference purposes only and shall not be considered or construed in interpreting these Terms. These Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s successors and permitted assigns.
- Program Questions. If you have any questions about the Program, please:
Visit the Program’s online FAQ’s, located at https://www.picknpulltoolkit.com/;
Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: August 1, 2016